Safety Services Consultant – Northern California
Posted: Apr 26, 2018
We are searching for an individual who is passionate about consulting on safety management practices and can work from home handling a territory of businesses including manufacturing, printing, hard goods distributors, auto and equipment dealerships.
What You’ll Do
The ideal Safety Consultant for Sentry Insurance will be in Northern California territory (Stockton or Sacramento metro area), and able to conduct onsite safety and risk assessments and training to our business insurance customers located in Northern California. You will also participate in training and development through Home Office training, field job shadowing, safety conferences and department professional networking opportunities.
:• Conduct onsite risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports to assist our Underwriting groups with account acceptability.
• Provide risk management and consultative services to businesses by developing and implementing safety polices, programs and procedures specific to each account.
• Develop and demonstrate safety management expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, employee safety, product and employment liability and vehicle safety.
• Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management training programs for accounts to promote awareness and reduce claim frequency and severity.
• Develop and execute service proposals and plans to large accounts..
What it Takes
• Bachelors Degree required
• Emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or Physical Sciences preferred
• 1-3 plus years of insurance safety consulting or safety work in a private industry (manufacturing)
• High level of independence, organization, and self motivation to work from home • Ability to coordinate and service large accounts with multi location operations
• Familiarity with occupational safety and fire protection standards or regulations • High level of verbal and written communication skills
• Acceptable motor vehicle record for travel 3-4 days/week and overnights as needed (2-5/month)
• Desire to pursue professionals Safety designations including CSP and/or other designations
What You’ll Receive
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
• Competitive Compensation
• Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
• Generous Paid-Time Off – including Company Holidays
• 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
• Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses•
Career advancement opportunities
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry has been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars,homes, lives and retirement incomes.Every day at Sentry, we work hard to help you achieve professional and personal success. How? By offering the opportunity to make a real impact for our customers and real progress in your career—all while living your life in balance. Come join us.Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at: https://jobs.sentry.com/search/120645