Our client is seeking an experienced EHS Manager in Vernon, CA, job 995 at consentiumsearch.com, who will be responsible for the design, implementation and continuous improvement of all site EHS programs. While seeking someone with comprehensive industrial EHS experience, the duties will lean more to the Environmental Compliance side of the equation about 65% / 35%. Job Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible to lead and align Environmental, Health, and Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to ensure environmental compliance and to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
Scope: Manufacturing, Single Site
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Six (6) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities
- Demonstrated success managing both Cal/OSHA and Cal/EPA regulations
- Demonstrated success managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs
- Demonstrated success leading efficient and effective compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety and Multi-Media Environmental regulations
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Demonstrated cross-departmental project management experience
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CSP, CSMP, CEP, CHMM, REM etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Environmental Remediation experience
- Partner with plant and operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, California and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed. Relocation assistance possible within the US if you have prior California OSHA / EPA experience. This is just ONE of the over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide, many of which are confidential and not listed on our website. There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.