Luxottica Group – Foothill Ranch, CA
Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite the imagination through the fusion of art and science. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading optical technology, the company manufactures and distributes high performance sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear, and accessories.
The essence of the brand is communicated through hundreds of professional and amateur athletes who depend on Oakley products to provide them with the very best while they redefine what is physically possible.
Oakley is part of Luxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to other global brands like Ray-Ban and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
The EH&S Analyst manages programs, policies and practices related to safety compliance, worker’s compensation and accident prevention for manufacturing and corporate offices. This includes safety and claim data management and reporting, development and implementation of safety compliance and accident prevention projects with cross-functional departments, vendors, contractors as well as consultants.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, develops and implements programs to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal safety and worker’s compensation regulations including documentation, reporting, training, and program development.
- Provides technical support and direction for safety and worker’s compensation compliance and accident prevention programs and practices.
- Partner with department supervisors and managers on incident investigations to identify root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Leads cross-functional teams to conduct risk assessments to proactively identify potential risks that could contribute to injuries or compliance issues and develop action plans to address.
- Interfaces with external regulatory agencies, and internal business partners regarding new product, equipment and process introductions.
- Manages Worker’s compensation claim reporting and onsite management process which includes but is not limited to:
- Working with managers/supervisors and injured employees to complete incident reports, conduct incident investigations and complete CA Worker’s compensation paperwork and other legal requirements.
- Partnering with onsite PT contractor, onsite clinic and/or off-site clinic to manage injuries and prevent them from escalating
- Managing the Return to Work Program (RTW) and make decisions on whether an injured employee can be returned to work after a lost time work-related injury
- Partner with Corporate WC Claim team, HR and Legal (when required) to facilitate appropriate long term employment solutions for employees permanently impacted under workers’ compensation
- Assist with identifying fraud cases and related investigations
- Develops and implements systems for safety management system metrics reporting and analysis. Provides reports to leadership and department managers on safety performance metrics. Responsible for OSHA Recordkeeping compliance.
- Serves as the back-up for other EHS team members as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Safety Science, Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene, Safety & Environmental Engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience facilitating and managing Health & Safety and Worker’s Compensation programs in a manufacturing environment in California
- Certification in Industrial Ergonomics, desired.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Broad knowledge of local, state, and federal programs and regulations related to safety & worker’s compensation
- Able to communicate and work with effectively with all levels of the organization and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated the effective utilization of skills in such areas as planning and organizing, decision-making, problem solving, communication, and administration
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments with minimal supervision and direction
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Luxottica HR Solutions Group at 1-866-431-8484.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.